My 5 favorite for this week...
The hurricane 🌀 missed my home state. But we could use some rain. It looks like a busy season this year.
Cooling center in town at our civic center. Are open because of the high temperature. A great thing for the elderly or anyone suffering from heat and trying to keep cost of utilities down.
Case of pineapple from food truck. I'm making upside down cake, grilling some and dehydrated some to use later.
Water : the town is replacing water pipes. We were without water all day Wednesday. You don't miss it until you need it.
Summer Reading program is in It's final week.It's been a blast with the kids learning about reading. We are planning a large community party next weekend.
I understand about the heat! I live in SC. And we are getting some rain from the tropical storm even though we're this far east.
ReplyDeleteWe are at 100 and will be in the 90's through next week and maybe longer. We need rain too. Enjoy your reading!
ReplyDeleteAC is a true blessing. In the car and the house and all the stores.
ReplyDeleteAnd so is water. We take it for granted until we don't have it.
I hope you can stay cool and also get some rain.
Have a good week!
What we consider as a heat wave is probably nice and cool for you guys. Glad there are things in place for people to access to stay cool in your city. And very glad you did not get that hurricane. My youngest used to request pineapple upside down cake for her birthdays.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad the hurricane missed you! That's good that cooling centers are open. That's hard to be without water for so long. We're so used to it, we forget not all the world has the blessing of clean water piped to our homes. I agree with the graphic about beating the heat.
ReplyDelete