Friday's Fave Five #898
Thanks for joining me for another Friday. Its 9/11 today and its a day i will always remeber where i was. I was at the doctor office waiting room when we saw the announcemet on tv . My hubby got on the phone to NY to check on family that are police officers and firefighters in the city .All ways okay but busy working.
This weeks Five :
- Sunday fellowship time : after church we do bible journaling together with my group.
- We got lots of rain this week and cooled off some.Nice break.
- Labor Day my hubby grilled and a day off for him and my son.
- Volunteering with the library visiting a local nursing home with books and sign up for library cards.
- I made my grans chocolate pie. Lots of work but everyone enjoyed the pie.

Thank you for sharing this. It’s hard to believe 9/11 was 25 years ago. I still remember that moment so clearly here in the Netherlands. I was standing by the bins, just about to throw something away, when my friend came through the little alley toward me. She was crying. She said, “Do you know what happened in the USA?” We went inside and turned on the radio, and I can still remember sitting there in a sort of disbelief.
ReplyDeleteAfter that, the world somehow felt different. More uncertain, more frightening. We felt that here in Europe too in the years that followed.
I enjoyed the rest of your post as well. And now I’m very curious about your grandmother’s chocolate pie! It sounds delicious. Is it anything like Black Forest cake?